Spacers need to be worn for approximately one week prior to having your braces put on. It is important that they stay in place the entire time to make sure there is enough room to place your molar bands.
Please remember these things:
- Don’t pick at your spacers with your tongue or your fingers.
- Avoid foods that are sticky or chewy since they can pull them out.
- Do NOT floss where the spacers are.
- If you feel “pressure” on your teeth, that is normal. Advil or Tylenol will help.
- Check your spacers after you brush. If any of them have fallen out… PLEASE CALL our office so that we can replace them.